Last Updated on 11th February 2016
THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
School of Engineering Dean’s List
Software Development Methodologies
Python • Linux Systems Engineering
• Database Systems
AMAZON WEB SERVICES
• AWS Console Platform team
• Provided on-call support to a tier-1 AWS system.
• Developed 4 (and counting) features on Amazon.com detail and search pages
related to Amazon Fashion.
• Served as the technical lead for an experimental fashion browsing feature
across mobile and desktop.
• Delivered 900 milliseconds page load time. Original target was 3 seconds or
less in order to meet or exceed detail page performance benchmark.
• Served as local subject matter expert for various Amazon technologies
concerning web page delivery.
• Piloted and documented techniques to improve developer comfort and
productivity by enabling many development tasks to be completed locally on an
Apple OSX workstation versus traditional development using a Linux remote
• Participated in a monthly on-call rotation to support internal and external
• Collaborated closely with product management and creative design to evaluate
feasibility of new features.
• Served as hardware manager. Responsible for hardware (EC2) provisioning and
• Reduced hardware underutilization to near 0% .
• Rebuilt wishlist landing page front-end to be responsive and match new UX
standard for Javari family of websites.
• Developed backend for a major customer-facing feature for Endless/Javari.
• Achieved target page rendering time of 2 seconds.
• Refactored and documented a sample application for IBM Informix RDBMS.
• Extended the application to demonstrate the spacial and time-series data
processing features of the IBM Informix database server.
• Collaborated with local and remote engineering teams as well as ﬁeld technical
• Collaborated with remote UX team to ensure compliance with IBM branding
2014 IEEE - Eta Kappa Nu Electrical and Computer Engineering Honor Society
2013 Vice chair for Association for Computing Machinery at The University of Kansas