Last Updated on 6th September 2016
THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
School of Engineering Dean’s List
IEEE - Eta Kappa Nu Electrical and
Computer Engineering honor society
ACM - Vice President
Software Development Methodologies
CSS • Spring
Python • Linux Systems Engineering
• Database Systems
AMAZON WEB SERVICES
• Technical owner of the AWS Console home landing page.
• Provided on-call operational support to multiple tier-1 AWS systems.
• Identiﬁed key operational risks and developed a plan to rectify major risks to maintain
• Mentored a software engineering intern and successfully converted intern to full-time.
• Documented region build process to enable a single engineer to build a region in one
day vs. two engineers for three days previously, an 83% reduction.
• Launched necessary systems for the Mumbai region and readied systems for an
undisclosed region. End-to-end owner for undisclosed region launch.
• Developed an A/B testing system that dramatically simpliﬁed feature experimentation.
System was accurate to within 1%, enabled rapid feature experimentation, allowed
simple customer segmentation and dramatically reduced operational risk.
• Launched a new landing page experience
• Developed 4 (and counting) features on Amazon.com detail and search pages related to
• Served as the technical lead for an experimental fashion browsing feature across mobile
• Delivered 900 milliseconds page load time. Original target was 3 seconds or less in
order to meet or exceed detail page performance benchmark.
• Served as local subject matter expert for various Amazon technologies concerning web
• Collaborated closely with product management and creative design to evaluate
feasibility of new features.
• Served as infrastructure point-of-contact. Responsible for hardware (EC2) provisioning
• Reduced hardware underutilization from several thousand dollars monthly to $0.
• Rebuilt wishlist landing page front-end to be responsive and match new UX standard for
Javari family of websites.
• Developed backend for a major customer-facing feature for Endless/Javari.
• Achieved target page rendering time of 2 seconds.
• Refactored and documented a sample application for IBM Informix RDBMS.
• Extended the application to demonstrate the spacial and time-series data processing
features of the IBM Informix database server.
• Collaborated with local and remote engineering teams as well as ﬁeld technical sales
• Collaborated with remote UX team to ensure compliance with IBM corporate standards.